Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm Back

So, I've been neglecting this blog & posting in my myspace blog . . . apparently I don't have the skills to keep two blogs going. That might actually be a problem if I had an audience that streched beyond friends & immediate family. They all know what's going on anyway.

But let's see . . . I've got a new job waiting tables & I'm starting to get into the flow of it regardless of the two days I had to take off because right after my mother & I finished cleaning the majority of the house, the basement flooded & in an attempt to move a table, it broke & fell onto my foot, smashing it pretty badly & landing mwe in the emergency room. They gave me muscle relaxants because somewhere in the smashing process, something was pinched & my foot keeps cramping uncontrollably.

Classes are starting in two weeks for which I am extraordinarily excited since most of my friends are from out of town & they'll be moving in on the 27th. Speaking of the 27th . . . that's the day we're getting the house appraised. Hence all the cleaning. Yet to be entirely finished. In one week, the renaissance festival starts & after the first weekend during which I'll be meeting with a friend I only get to see once a year, I'll be heading up there quite often as I always do & I expect to be accompanied at least a few of those times by friends. So boost your bosoms & join me in entertainment, overpriced souvenirs, & cheesecake on a stick.

Also, everyone who reads this, stop & bask for a moment. I noticed as I returned to dust off this charming little blog space of mine, that this will have been my 100th post here. Something of a milestone.

Interesting sound bites of the week:

in our basement are a few sets of wind chimes. Although since there's no wind in the basement, we never really here them unless we knock into them.

I hear this from the living room -

Mom: Ow!!! (wind chimes)


I got this new video game that I tried at my father's house & it's unbelievably addictive. Wii games are usually $50. At $20, I bought this new game without a second thought. Now my mother & I are both addicted & while I'm upstairs loading up a laundry bag, I hear this -

"Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" in the really cheesey movie reading. When you lose, all the spheres go into the pyramid (don't ask, just go with it) & it actually takes a while, but there's nothing you can do about it. I suspect her outburst lasted for the entire duration of the presentation of her loss.

No comments: