Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Classes

PRE -CALC
This was a mistake. Actually, this was many mistakes. My first mistake was signing up for Pre Calc because I thought It would be fun. My second mistake was not knowing that I needed to take Trig. before Pre Calc. My third mistake was not dropping out when I discovered this information in the first week grace period where you could drop out without it showing up on your record. My fourth mistake was thinking that the textbook would help me.
He doesn't teach from the text book. In fact, he doesn't teach. It's like having a French lesson where the teacher comes in, sits down, & tells you a story in French. And then leaves. I can pick up some of it, but he's not actually teaching us, he's not using the text book, he's not giving us homework, & we all just got our tests back, so we were all on edge today. One of the more soft-spoken students actually yelled at him today. As a soft-spoken student, she didn't yell that loudly, but I WISH I could inject that much venom into my voice. And those of you who know me - that should be impressive. He's asking a question & we're waiting for an explanation & she goes, "No one here knows, if we did, we would have said something by now. Explain it to us." He tried. I am deeply ashamed. I was not in the group of people who didn't break into the double digits in their original test grade, but I was in that pathetic group that didn't pass even AFTER the 15 point curve.

ACTING
Acting class has been lovely lately. I've been put off in my "Lost Object" project so many times & I finally got to go today. I got plenty of compliments & apparently I look the most natural, but that is also my flaw. Apparently, I'm supposed to push the envelope on that reality a bit . . . but this is the teacher who had us all make up stories based on an item on the spot a while ago & she told me to go into playwrighting. She LOVES to see me pull stuff out of my @$$ so while everyone got a simple "explain the circumstances" I got, "What's this friend's name? What colour hair does she have? How long have you known her? What's something you went through together?" I got all the girls to go 'awwww' when I said we both went through a break up & hung out to support each other & had a movie night where we watched Love Actually.

K, John Glover just walked by . . . that was weird. He's hanging around this week.

Last week, I had the most fun in acting class that I've had in a long time. One of the things we did (among many) was we were all told that we were specific animals, but we were not to say what animal we were. The idea was not to indicate what we were (like by walking on all fours) but just to BE what we were. By the end of the time, the squirrels were curled up in opposite corners & the lions were fighting. I was the only other animal that found my counterpart & the fastest, but it was pretty obvious. I was a puppy & the other puppy was the only animal that wanted to play with me. Cause I was running around looking for playmates. I made the shark laugh.

1 comment:

BrandyBreath said...

Lions fight because we are awesome like that - oh yeahh!

PS, this is Molly.