Friday, December 14, 2007

Final Final

I had my final final today. And thus, my final class. And thus, my final day. Until next semester. Which starts on January 28th. Damn. THAT'S a Christmas vacation.

All my finals went rather well. I tested the patience of my Script Analysis teacher . . . there was a question asking why shows like How I Learned to Drive & Largo Desolato had a non-linear plot-flow. When we were going over LD, we had a class activity where we designed a roller coaster based on the plot movement of each scene. In the exam question I said that in both plays the characters were in confusing & frustrating times in their lives & the jumping chronology took the audience along for the ride & in parentheses had: (See what I did there? The vague reference to a class activity? Nice, huh? Well, back to my exam . . .) So . . . we'll see if he smacks me . . . although I find that Iif I actually get laughter, I get away with it, & looking back over it, I chuckled at myself even though I made it up & knew it was there. So I think I have a good chance. Also, you'd be amazed how much having a male teacher minimizes the probability that he'll have PMS when he's grading papers.

Today I had my acting final. After that, we all went to lunch & we took a lot of odd pictures. Then I went to the University store to get a 9 x 12 sketch pad, pencils, colour pencils, & an eraser. I figured that would be enough to get me through a super simple draft of what my father wanted me to draw. He wanted me to make him a label for his home made beer this year. And insisted that it be no larger that 8 x 10 so he could shrink it well. The design is two scorpions facing away from each other with their tails making a heart. I'll post pictures when I get some drafts done.

Then I went to play pool/ No one would play with me - everyone was either gone already, packing, or working. So I went & played by myself. I've kind of upgraded from "I suck" to "I'm okay" & thought it would waste time quite nicely until my ride came at 5:30, but after a few hours, my shoulder got so sore that it was no use practicing - cause I wasn't gonna get any better in that condition. So . . . here. Then back to my book, which by the way is "Cell." I finished "The Doctor's Wife" which is wonderful & have moved onto "Cell" which is a Stephen King book . . . & I got a few chapters in & wondered what happened . . . I used to like Stephen King . . . & his style was driving me nuts . . . I hadn't read him in so long, I wondered if I'd grown beyond him . . . but after a few more chapters, it got good. So give him a chance - anyone who's read 20 pages & given him up. Give him a chance. "Cell" is REALLY good (once you get into it) & made me cry the other day. That's pretty rare. People would tease me about getting so into books I didn't hear them calling me or making faces when I read, but I rarely cry. Of course now I'm in college . . . so rather than getting teased, they walked in, asked me if I was okay, & then when I told them why I was upset - they sympathized. They know what it's like for that to happen in a book. (Being very careful around spoilers :) )

And Saturday we are to make masses of candy. Yay! Christmas candy! Tradition.

No comments: