Monday, December 3, 2007

A walking medical wreck.

First of all, I’m an idiot. Most of my issues can be dealt with or avoided by simply having half a brain in my head. But, y’all know how it goes . . . we only use 30% of our brains, & unfortunately, the part of my brain that would say, “you idiot, you just have to take care of yourself” is the dormant part. And everything is flaring up at once.

Let’s start from the bottom & work my way up.

My Toes.

It’s been a month since I stood on one foot for hours in those wretched heels that I wore for Halloween, & while the numbness in three of my toes has gone, they still feel funny. And I wonder if I should worry . . .

The Balls of My Feet.

Those wretched heels? I wore them Friday. Must’ve slipped my mind that I’d be walking a mile up to TC to see the show. The balls of my feet are now bruised. But I deserve that.

My Right Ankle.

For about a week & a half, my right ankle has been considerably weak. Sometimes after I’ve been off it for a while, I’ll go to stand up & it just won’t support me. Although, I don’t blame it . . . I’ve been on crutches so many times I’ve lost count. Tendons, ligaments, sprains, you name it, my ankles have been through it. Except a broken bone. Fracture once, but no break . . .

My Left Knee.

This is what prompted this post. All my issues piled up & it makes for a good rant & a display of an impressive list of injuries, but this one is the only one that really worries me. In my unprofessional opinion, it’s probably tendonitis – which I’ve hand in my arm, but not in my knee before, so I don’t really know what it would feel like specifically, but it seems to be acting the same way – which includes not hurting ALL THE TIME . . . just occasional flare-ups when I really use the joint. Tendonitis heals in 9 months. And I noticed it during the summer . . . that’s when the treadmill started gathering dust because if I walked for more that 20 minutes, I’d be sore in my knee for days. So hopefully, I’ll be good as new at the end of next semester.

My Left Arm.

I have a ganglion cyst in my left wrist that I’ve learned to live with . . . but there’s also a little bit of pooling of fluids on the other side of my wrist – which sometimes makes an unpleasant squishing sound when I knit. Oh & also, my arm clicks when I knit. If I twist it, it just clicks. Doesn’t hurt . . . just weirds people out. Every now & then I worry a little, but I really don’t like going to the doctor. Frankly, I’m tired of asking, “What’s wrong now?” & my threshold for pain is usually such that I don’t have to go to the doctor unless it has something to do with one of my issues that make me pass out all the time.

My Neck.

Here’s another idiot pain. I’ve been sleeping on the couch. I forget why I started, but I got used to it. I’m a creature of habit & compulsion, so I’m going on four moths now & it’s getting to me physically. I just have to go back up into my room.

My Nose.

I have the sniffles. :(


My Head.
Headaches. Bad ones. Not migraines . . . those are actually only triggered by my father to the best of my knowledge, but they still hurt. Ow. Luckily, I'm in college . . . there aren't any rules against carrying Tylenol around.

1 comment:

Mimi19 said...

This is Trisha. I got a blog. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post because when I actually have things too talk about, I'm too busy to type them. Anyway, don't worry about the clicking thing. I got it in my jaw and my dentist didn't really care about it.