Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Need a Life.

The highlight of my day today was finding a mutated bubble in the bubble wrap that I was popping - in which was packed merchandise that was purchased online because I can't bear to go to a mall. Why can't I bear it? Too crowded for me when I'm alone. And that's me. Alone. I need a life in the bad way.

The other highlight of my day was the contents in the bubble wrap. Was it fun? Colourful? Tasty? A whim even? Nope. Frames. Frames for display purposes in my room. Not that anyone goes in my room - in fact I rarely do myself. I sleep in the living room.

So here's a day in the life of loneliness incarnate. I get up & make eggs. Two sunny side up for my breakfast & 3 hardboiled for salads later. Yum. Then I wash dishes, chug some V8 for my vegetable quota.

Then - & I kid you not - I take my bird out & have a nice chat with him. Telling him about the bizarre dreams I had last night, & asking him how he slept - apologizing for that night we kept him up all til 1.

Then I made Brian a mii, laughing my ass off in the process. I just can't make those things without laughing out loud a few times. Then I decided to take pictures of the miis & post them on my myspace. Here they are by the way.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=120880478&albumId=1386831

Then I made big salads for my mother & I. She came home for lunch & played on the Wii for a while. When she left I washed the lunch dishes & then hung around online waiting to see if anyone would sign on.

Then I got the package of frames & went up into my room to put things in them & put them on display. After a few arrangements & rearrangements, I smiled & went downstairs humming "How Much is that Puppy in the Window" for some reason & Niles, not having seen me for some time, chirped a happy greeting.

Then my mother came home - yes, I spent that much time arranging things to be displayed - & she made steak while I made broccoli & we sat down to a TV show that she got from Netflix - but I was focusing on my knitting, not the television.

Now she's playing on the Wii while I screw around on my laptop.

It's sad, really . . . my friends are my cat with the sniffles - & it's just gross to hear him breathe - my bird, whom I love & whose poop I'm getting exceedingly tired of . . . he actually gets mad with me when I clean it up & bites at me as I go for it with a tissue . . . And my hamster. Who is nocturnal.

Well, this weekend, my mother & I BOTH have no lives & are going to go see One Missed Call. Should be fun.

No comments: