Monday, January 21, 2008

Let the Boredom Cease

Every single person who went back to school one or two weeks ago has looked at me with bright green eyes & labeled me lucky. I can't wait to get back to school & a big issue for me has been that I've nothing to do. I have been sitting about, some days never dressing, playing games, reading, TRYING to write (but with life so empty, nothing fuels imagination or inspiration), & talking to the animals. My bird now knows more about how my mind works than I do. But in the blink of an eye, it changes.

This is the last week. Traditionally, one that will drag. But I have combated that tradition. This weekend, I had a friend come over for a few days. She drove over from Ocean City, so she crashed here. We went to the mall where I spent far too much money because Suncoast is closing . . . & how I LOVE Suncoast. They've been so good to me . . . I bought "Wolf", the Saw trilogy, & a season of Carnivale for my mother . . . I'm not too fond of it, but she loves it.

Sunday evening, I had a level two reiki attunement. I was level one for a long time, but I cannot reiki remotely in level one, so I did some studying & my mother gave me an attunement (she is a reiki master) so I could send reiki to a friend of mine who is having surgery on Wednesday.

Today I went out to lunch with my father, which was ok . . . & he & Maggie came back to play on the Wii. Maggie was thrilled at her (fixed) wins, & my father endlessly frustrated with his losses because there was no holding back when he had the wiimote.

Tomorrow is an empty day . . . I had something planned, but it got moved.

Wednesday, I have my last driving lesson & & from 1 to 3 I'll be sending reiki - which should be a new & interesting experience.

Thursday, I'm meeting with an old teacher of mine to have coffee & catch up.

Friday, I'll be giving a lectures to all the senior classes about college . . . the content of which Mrs. X & I will go over on Thursday.

Saturday or Sunday, I don't know which yet, I'll be headed up to NYC to get the rest of my driving hours. We'll spend the day & see a show. Monday I go back to school. Classes until . . . 7 I think. Tuesday, no classes, but I'm going to take my drivers test. And from there, school until summer. And that's a different story.

No comments: