Thursday, January 17, 2008

Somewhere in the Night

Recently, my sleep has been laced with the most bizarre dreams . . . all of them making me curious, some of them leaving me emotionally flustered for no apparent reason & most of them going on while I am aware that I am dreaming.

I've played dead while a rabid raccoon snuggled up to me & eventually decided to grab it, throw it, & run in the other direction.

I've spoken to a fawn who asked me for one of the several roses I was carrying & when I gave it to her, she ate it.

I've tried desperately to deliver a package to someone across a sandstorm with waves of sand crashing on me, leaving me with a mouthful of sand to spit out every time.

I've been urged by cast members of a show to shoot one of the stage hands because no one liked her & found that my gun was filled with wet sand when I finally had my chance.

I've begged a guy I like to play monopoly with me, but he won't because he is busy drawing naked women.

I've been on some journey with several friends, but I don't know where to because I'm in such pain from an awful headache caused by a large cyst in my ear.

I've been recruited to act in a show & don't know the lines, but assure everyone that I can memorize them very quickly, but they'll have to wait for me to wake up.

I've been on a tour around some campus with a group of friends, but get separated & have to wait in an office next to car prototypes until I'm found.

Several in a night. It's starting to draw my attention . . . & the scenarios above are each their own dream over the past few nights . . . & those are just the ones I remember. I can remember that there are more . . . And that there is more to the actions of every dream - they're not as short as the simple descriptions above . . . & another thing that has come to my attention is that in all of the dreams, I'm surrounded by people - usually friends & am singled out. The raccoon comes to me, the fawn will speak to no one else, I had a group with me for moral support to deliver the package, but I was the one tasked with the delivery. Being singled out doesn't seem odd . . . it would be obvious to have me as the main character of my dreams, but I'm usually alone. Fighting aliens, trying to get out of some confined space . . . alone with the villain . . . but my friends are never there . . . how odd. The volume of the dreams is also concerning. How many dreams can you have in one night? Jeez.

Hey, guys, it's snowing!

No comments: