Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wii've been corrupted

So, my mother & I are not usually video game people. In fact, we're usually pretty low-tech with all our games. Cribbage, scrabble, that kind of thing. Even on the computer, the most complicated game is boggle. I might as well sit down with Pong for an hour every night. We got an Xbox a while ago & it was a really big thing for a while, but it settled down after a while & neither of us had the patience or the time for the video games.

The Wii has poisoned us.

First of all, my mother, when she bought it, insisted that we play with it for at least an hour every day because it's really good exercise (provided you play tennis or boxing instead of billiards, or shooting range). We thought it would be tough to put ourselves through an entire hour. Oh my God. Last night, the reason we went to bed is that I realized that with the light on, the poor bird was unable to fall asleep.

We played on that damn thing until 1 in the morning.

I'm sure it'll become less used when we have other things to do. I know I'm pretty bereft when it comes to obligations right now. I'm between semesters, not going back until the 28th, no job, no social life, & it's winter which, studies have shown, causes cabin fever more than usual because it's darker for longer. And I usually go pretty bonkers pretty quickly. I HAVE to be doing something. Between the third (when festivities ended) & the seventh (the day the Wii arrived) I thoroughly cleaned the house & knitted a pair of socks.

Although . . . this morning when I was boxing, I either caused a flare-up in the tendinitis in my left elbow which I was pretty sure had healed, or gave myself tendinitis again. Probably the former . . . let's hope . . .

But exercise, yeah . . . plus back on the diet. I've lost another 5 pounds. Yay!

No comments: