Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ah, the quiet . . .

Not for long though . . . Today is - as far as I'm concerned - my ONE day off this week. No more classes until Monday, sure. But this evening, I'm going to my father's house. Then I stay there until Sunday evening. I'll be trying to occupy myself with my knitting as often as possible . . . which will probably get me through a lot of knitting without me really thinking about it. So I guess technically, this is a good thing. The I'll come back here & watch the Simpsons which will be a Sideshow Bob episode featuring Kelsey Grammer as Sidshow Bob (as always) & David hyde Pierce & John Mohoney as Sideshow Bob's brother & father. Apparently they were all in town when KG was doing My Fair Lady, JM was doing Prelude to a Kiss, & DHP was doing Spamalot. So they went & recorded an Simpsons episode together.

The other night, Dusty came inching toward my salmon dinner & I was on the floor because Niles was in a little playpen thing I bought for him (that I don't think he particularly likes). SO Dusty tries many angles to get at me while I flail free limbs in his general direction keeping him at bay while I eat. Then he tries an angle that puts him right near Niles & I looked up just in time to see the cat - who barely notices the bird - get bitten on the nose by a determined little cockatiel who knows a predator when he sees one. Poor Dusty backed away, surprised & stopped trying to get my salmon.

1 comment:

RuthWells said...

Hi Vinkus,

I got tagged by a NaBloPoMo participant this morning -- are you up for another meme? Rules are up on my blog. Cheers!