Thursday, November 29, 2007

A day in the Theatre Major's life

I love the Center for the Arts. I love the people in it. I love the chemistry. I love the fact that someone is a theatre major is an excuse for so many oddities.

A few guys went strolling down the hall singing a beautifully harmonized Goodbye, My Coney Island Baby & they had a wonderful bass (I LOVE good basses).

A gentleman walked up behind someone at the box office, took the back of her head & recognizing the cue, she took control & there was stage combat fun that in any other building would call the attention of everyone around them.

Eric, with a few minutes in between classes, took the seat next to me as I was reading & held an imaginary wheel in front of him. I proceeded to drop my book in shock & scold, "Honey, slow down." Lindsay approached, we pulled over to pick her up & she asked where we were going. I said we were heading for "the clinic" & when she asked why, Eric & I in perfect unison, responded with, "We're getting an abortion." Which shocked the hell out of me, because I had a reason - I was reading a book about abortion . . . I guess the clinic tipped him off . . .

Love it.

No comments: