Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ugh.

Umm . . . I just saw a bowflex commercial, advertising "the body of your dreams." I don't know about anyone else, but I am NOT dreaming about guys with comic book hero cuts that almost take away from their humanity. My first crush as a child was Lumiere. That's right, the candlestick. That's got to say something about my taste in guys (which I've learned is a little different than . . . ummm . . . everyone else's). I think it's a personality thing . . . anyone so vain as to make themselves look like that is too insecure. Or arrogant . . . oddly enough, both sides of that spectrum fit. And anyone who honestly does enough to make themselves look like that without trying is gonna wear me out.

In case you can't tell, I put a lot of thought into this. Probably because I have so much spare time due to never having been in a relationship. Go figure.

Thanksgiving is turning out to be not so bad. I just need to learn not to be so thin-skinned. My father managed to find a way to insult my weight as it WAS since I've lost twenty pounds. And it somehow STILL got to me. I don't know why his opinion should matter so much to me . . .

I've been keeping myself together by hanging with Maggie & making her smile. She lives here. She needs it.

No comments: