Friday, November 23, 2007

Leftovers

Ah, the morning after.

Despite the famous effects of turkey, I drifted off on a bunk beneath a sick child breathing stiltedly (which for the record, I have been quoted saying is the most disgusting sound humans have ever known) around 11 PM & woke up at 7 AM with a full bladder. After I had been up for a few minutes, my father took me out with him to get the car fixed. We dropped off the car & walked to Wal-Mart. On black Friday . . .

Luckily, the crowds were minimal (for black Friday) & we wandered around, not really shopping - just wasting time. My father's birthday was on the 9th, so I had gotten him a gift & was giving him the gift this weekend. He'd already had it. So I had him pick out a movie & he did & I bought it for him. But once I had something in my hands, I was hopeless. I grabbed a bird treat for Niles. It is after all the season of thanksgiving. He should have a feast of nice fattening seeds. Then I grabbed little decorative bags for the candy Brian & my mother & I make traditionally every year. Every year, my mother complains that I go too deep into it, & spend too much time & money on presentation. So the few extra dollars for bags & icing, I'll spend from my own wallet & when she's not looking. And the few extra hours of work that I put into it, I'll do after she's gone to bed. She feels recruited I guess . . .

Then we went into the book section & my father left to go clean his glasses in the bathroom which turned out to be closed for cleaning & after waiting a considerable amount of time, he started yelling about what kind of slack ass takes more than half an hour to clean a damn bathroom. I don't know if he was trying to get someone's attention about it or if he doesn't know how loud he gets . . . anyway, he left me in the book section. Oops. I took a moment for self examination, realizing that I have knitting to do, other reading to do, schoolwork to do, & a world of other things. I have no time for ANOTHER book. So, with that in mind, I only got two books. One of which I started when we returned to the mechanic's & really hits the ground running. It's called "The Doctor's Wife" & the picture on the cover was what attracted me to it on the shelf, the description of "psychological thriller" by the Boston Globe was what made me pick it up & read the back & I read a few lines & was sold. I also got The Cell by Stephen King. Simply because it looked nifty, I haven't read it, & I trust the author not to disappoint.

So, back at my father's house, I count the hours . . . tomorrow we'll be celebrating my birthday (that is on Monday) & Sunday, we'll go see Tara lead the church service & by the time that is over & we settle here for a bit, I'll be headed home . . . then i have to finish those elevations for design class . . .

But at least in the face of all this, I've resolved to take a vacation from my diet. Yumm . . . pumpkin pie. Sweet potatoes. Mashed potatoes. And corn. I wasn't allowed to have corn on the diet . . . odd . . . but I had some last night . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's awesome designed for me to have a web site, which is helpful in favor of my know-how. thanks admin

my web page; golf swing analysis (myfriendze.com)