Tuesday, November 20, 2007

God, I'm tired.

I'm afraid to fall asleep here because I may not wake up before my mother gets here . . . so I'm trying to occupy myself until she does. Everyone is off campus for vacation. They all hit the road as soon as their last class ended. So the place is deserted & my mother's running late. And I STILL haven't slept. I hear that after 72 hours of sleep deprivation, you qualify as clinically insane. So at ten to two, I dragged my clinically insane corpse of a body to Script Analysis class with a drink from Starbucks with 3 shots of espresso in it, in hopes to stay conscious for the entire class. I handed in my paper & we got into groups to work on some funky character map thing . . . that wound up looking like a really nifty city up on the white board with all the different colours. I giggled obnoxiously for a bit in tired stupor, much to the amusement of my group members. After my group went, I was gone so fast I don't remember the beginnings of dozing off. Someone shook me awake at the end of class proclaiming that I was an incredibly heavy sleeper (apparently, shaking me was by no means the first tactic to wake me). I stayed for a bit to officially apologize to the professor who was absolutely understanding because he & I talked yesterday (I didn't have him for a class, but he passed by me) about how I hadn't slept since Friday. Today before class he asked if I had gotten rest & I told him the heart wrenching tale of how I printed out my paper, closed the document without saving it, looked up MLA format for the title page & found that there isn't supposed to be a title page, just a heading at the top of the first page. And so for four lines of heading, I had to RETYPE the paper. I'm kind of an idiot.

So he was more than forgiving & thanked me for acknowledging it & apologizing for it. Although, he said he didn't notice because I always look so pensive - but I rarely bury my head in my chest to think . . . LOL

I was so tired (especially having JUST been asleep for 15 minutes) that I was shaking & I wanted to go crash on the couch out in front of the box office where I usually sit. But a few of my friends insisted that I eat - which I hadn't done all day - & took me to the dining hall, where in my state, I giggled at every new Christmas carol that came on over the speakers.

I'M SO TIRED. But my mother's coming soon . . . hopefully . . . then I shall go home & sleep until Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll sleep until my birthday. My father can have me over unconscious. Hey! I think I just solved my problem. No cheating on the diet, no temptation to do so, no digs at my figure from my father, & when I wake up, I'll be 18!!

Wish me a good night's sleep. And I wish everyone a marvelous holiday.

No comments: