Monday, November 26, 2007

A Slow Start to my Birthday

With the internet, there's notification everywhere. Myspace, facebook, message boards, what have you. Half the planet knows it's my birthday today. My mother is the only one who has brought it up. I got a "Happy Birthday" early this morning, made my way to school & haven't heard anything since. I keep checking the date . . .

Usually, I'm not too upset when this kind of thing happens on my birthday - but it's kind of a big one . . . 18 is big . . . right? I'm an adult now . . . (& frighteningly enough, I feel no different)

Not a word from anyone . . . even people I know for a fact know it's my birthday. A friend told me to meet her so she could give me a cheesecake for my birthday, but didn't say the words, "Happy Birthday." My father emailed me this morning with a bunch of tasks he wanted me to do. Not a word about my birthday.

I had lunch in the Glen Dining Hall for lunch today & I just LOVE the sign they had up explaining why all the plates & utensils were plastic today:

"The dish machine booster heater has blown up. Paper products will be used until it can be repaired. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank You."

No comments: