Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Very Happy Unbirthday to Me!

Thank God I don't have to spend my birthday here . . . but while I'm here, there was a bit of a celebration in recognition & to frame the tradition of gift giving on such an occasion. The two girls, Tara & Maggie are under the impression that I am a girl . . . which in the biological sense is true . . . but I always get jewelry or handbags from them. A hideous orange shawl with random gold threads for accent. This year, Maggie got me a diamond & topaz ring. Very pretty. Not something I'll go through the trouble of wearing too often . . . I always feel bad when I get gifts I know I won't make too much use out of . . . people put thought & money into these things & gratitude is all they're good for. Tara got me opal earrings. I wear earrings . . . they're usually on the quirky side as opposed to pretty . . . but this is one of those things that the concept of gifts is really great for. They're very nice, I'll wear them, I'll enjoy having them. But I wouldn't buy them.

Flynn got my a cheap plastic gaudy picture frame. But I can't blame him. He could care less about my existence. And isn't really connected to me closely enough to want to spend anything more than a nickel on me. And this frame looked like it cost $1 . . . so I got pretty nice treatment from him.

My father got me video editing software. Kickass. Right now we're having issues with it . . . won't recognize the video I've been dying to make into a DVD for a while. So we're trying to work with that . . . we have a theory . . . & we won't know if it will work until it's finished doing what it's doing . . . which should be some ridiculously long time from now . . . so I came to post . . .

Can't wait to go home tomorrow.

No comments: