Sunday, November 25, 2007

Half & Half

I had a little bit of both today. that would be the good & the bad. My father's standard yelling was a must, but I DID come home today & here I lie in my almost comfy bed - er . . . sofa - happy as a very content clam. But that's just a spoiler to my day, letting the world know I survived without ripping out my own heart & force-feeding it to the wretched people I had to spend this weekend with.

Since bad cannot exist without good, my father sure has his moments. We laughed inappropriately during the church service (c'mon I had to inherit some of his rudeness) that we were only attending because Tara was a big part of it.

Then we all went to breakfast & my father got the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life. Not because it would never work, but because it was just stupid. He thought it would be endlessly amusing to shake the half & half until half of it (the cream half) turned into butter. Excuse me, but what the hell? Who DOES that? Well, it caught on & the five of us sat there shaking the creamer & hiding it when the waitress walked by & making inappropriate breakfast table jokes about how wrong it looked to shake it under the table. My father & I were the only ones who kept shaking after we left & into the afternoon. He got way too excited when I got a chunk in mine. It was pretty funny.

Then I came here to an empty house & while I've been feeling very alone, I still dissolved into tears of relief when I put down my bags in my home.

I'm home.

No comments: